Thursday, July 9, 2009

Centered in Christ

The Christian does not need to leave his center in Christ in order to mediate him to the world, to understand his relation to the world, to build a bridge between revelation and nature, philosophy and theology. . . . This is what the saints are fully aware of. They never at any moment leave their center in Christ. . . . When they philosophize, they do so as Christians, which means as believers, as theologians. Father Hans Urs von Balthasar
My greatest sense of frustration in my faith journey is that often I leave Christ and venture in the world without Him. I really am not very good as a solo act. I disappoint the people I love on routine basis. I don't take action when I should and I speak when I should be silent. I let the things of the world influence me and I fall to the temptations I should avoid. I cry out as the psalmist; "Be a rock of refuge for me, a mighty stronghold to save me, for you are my rock, my stronghold. For your name's sake lead me and guide me" "Release me from the snares they have hidden for you are my refuge, Lord. Into your hands I commend my spirit. It is you who will redeem me Lord." Psalm 31 Everyday I feel like Peter sinking into the water. I haven't truly placed into my heart what my head knows. If it were not for My Lord I would surely drown. I will remain steadfast in my love and devotion for Christ. If I suffer, I suffer with Him.

No comments: