Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Oh Bless My Soul

In the Scriptures, wisdom puts all of life in right order. Here the Psalmist celebrates the wisdom with which God has ordered time so that day and night, months and seasons all serve the purpose of life. Time reaches its intended culmination in the gift of everlasting life bestowed through Jesus Christ (courtesy of the Magnificat)

Psalm 104

Bless the LORD, my soul! LORD, my God, you are great indeed!
You made the moon to mark the seasons, the sun that knows the hour of its setting.
You bring darkness and night falls, then all the beasts of the forest roam abroad.

Young lions roar for prey; they seek their food from God.

When the sun rises, they steal away and rest in their dens. Man goes forth to their work, to their labor till evening falls.

How varied are your works, Lord! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your richness.
I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God while I live. May my thoughts be pleasing to God; I will rejoice in the Lord.

I find joy in the Lord, Bless the Lord my soul

No comments: