Friday, June 11, 2010

The Most Excellent and Beautiful Sacred Heart!

The heart is the organ that keeps us living. It is the icon of what love is. Even in the lexicon of today people say "I heart you." Valentines Day - when lovers get together to talk about and remind each other about love: hearts abound. When I woke up this morning I was praying to God my Eternal Father and reflecting on this beautiful world he gifted to me and you and I thought to say the most beautiful of all that ever graced it was your Son Jesus. His beauty surpasses everything and it can best be described in reflecting on His Sacred Heart. A heart that loves like no other love, a heart of mercy, tenderness, compassion, able to peer into others hearts to truly known us. A heart that beat on the cross; bigger and louder than any other heart, flowing from Him the Blood of Eternal life. Who cannot fall head over heals for a lover like Jesus!

Hail! O Sacred Heart of Jesus, living and quickening source of eternal life, infinite treasure of the Divinity, and burning furnace of divine love. Thou art my refuge and my sanctuary, O my amiable Savior. Consume my heart with that burning fire with which Thine is ever inflamed. Pour down on my soul those graces which flow from Thy love, and let my heart be so united with Thine, that our wills may be one, and mine in all things, be conformed to Thine. May Thy divine will be equally the standard and rule of all my desires and of all my actions. Amen.

No comments: