Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time to Get Away

Silence. To escape from the world, where the essence of your being is ignored, downplayed or rejected is to embrace the true freedom that God gives us. I believe that for me that place is the Jesuit Spirituality Center in Grand Coteau, Louisiana. I am so looking forward to my next retreat there. Ignatian spirituality consists of prayer exercises, examination of the consciousness, contemplating Sacred scriptures and placing yourself in the life of the Gospel,to aid the retreatant to experience a deeper conversion into the life of God in Christ. The one on one spiritual guidance with the spiritual director assists in making movements towards those areas of your life that sometimes stay in the shadows never explored during the bustle and noise of everyday life. Last year I dealt with an area of my life that had been wearing on me because it was uncharted waters and I was unsure just what it all meant to me. If you are in Louisiana or can travel to Louisiana I highly recommend The Jesuit Spirituality Center, in Grand Coteau. The place is so serene with tall pines and pastures, that alone is conducive to leaving the bonds of the material world alone. The stillness and silence will aid to awaken yourself and make slow sure steps toward God. The Jesuit Spirituality Center is housed within St. Charles College in Grand Coteau just north of Lafayette. It's about 21/2 hours northwest of New Orleans via Interstate 10 through Baton Rouge and Lafayette, then north on Interstate 49 to the Grand Coteau/Sunset exit. Call (337) 662-5251, or see them on the web at www.jesuitspiritualitycenter.org.

2 comments:

Jude said...

Nice blog post. I also wrote about Grand Coteau after my retreat a few weeks back! Like minds.

Septic Tank Cleaning Syracuse said...

Good reading thhis post