Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hope in Christ

Thus says the Lord, I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; The things of the past shall not be remembered or come to mind.

Instead, there shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create; For I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight;

I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people. No longer shall the sound of weeping be heard there, or the sound of crying;

No longer shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not round out his full lifetime; He dies a mere youth who reaches but a hundred years, and he who fails of a hundred shall be thought accursed.

They shall live in the houses they build, and eat the fruit of the vineyards they plant.

In my life as a follower of Jesus Christ, of the many reasons to be thankful for my faith perhaps the greatest reason is Hope. Each and everyday you and I bring the Gospel to others is a day of rejoicing. Everyday that we grow in our love for God and He grows in our heart is a day of rejoicing. Every day we lift high the cross of Christ is a day of rejoicing. Every day we carry our own cross is a day of rejoicing. The great gift of Hope is ours to treasure, no matter how devoid the world is of it and the darkness it lives in.

No comments: