Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Love of Christ

You belong to God, children, and you have conquered them, for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
They belong to the world; accordingly, their teaching belongs to the world, and the world listens to them.
We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit. 1 John 4:4-8

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.

Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love.
I want to take this moment to speak from my heart. Jesus Christ is to me the highest place of joy and happiness, He is the mountaintop. In trying to emulate the perfect love that He is, I find myself engulfed in the love of others. Sharing our lives in a community of Faith which is true to all things that are good is a joy to me. There are those people who will never know how much they have touched my life so deeply and profoundly yet coming only from the simple day to day life of being. Yet in that love I see a part in the whole love of Christ, which is perfect. In that perfection I have witnessed beauty and truth. I see the beauty of others that in sharing moments in their lives, they are touching my soul in this journey and they are little reflections of love, who is God. Jesus Christ is the perfection of the Word. In all that my mind is able to hear in those moments of contemplation, that are little whispers of the Word, that is Perfect.
Jesus Christ is the perfection of all I hope for. In that hope is found the gratitude for the gift of my life and all the experiences of those who have touched it. God Bless.

No comments: