"If there is any encouragement in Christ, any solace in love, any participation in the Spirit, any compassion and mercy,complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking one thing."
- "Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as more important than ourselves, each looking out not for his own interests, but (also) everyone for those of others." Regard others more important than ourselves, for myself that is going to take an enormous amount of God's grace.
- Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus, Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. I will never forget the first time I really read these words He did not consider equality with God something to be grasped!!!! That is not what the world tells us, no, just the opposite, we can all be gods, all rich, all powerful, all beautiful. So what does Christ do?
- "Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross!" No equality with God, no none of that. Instead He chooses servitude and a cross and the will of His Father.
- "Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
- Jesus is the name above all other names!