Friday, March 12, 2010

I Chose to Breathe the Breath of Christ

I choose to breathe the breath of Christ that makes all life holy.

I choose to live the flesh of Christ that outlasts sin's corrosion and decry.


I choose the blood of Christ along my veins and in my hearts that dizzies me with joy.


I choose the living waters flowing from his side to wash clean my own self and the world itself.


I choose the awful agony of Christ to charge my senseless sorrows with meaning and to make my pain pregnant with power.


I choose you, good Jesus, you know.


I choose you, good Lord; count me among the victories that you have won in bitter roundedness.


Never number me among those alien to you.

Make me safe from all who seeks to destroy me.


Summon me to come to you.

Stand me solid among angels and saints chanting yes to all you have done, exulting in all you mean to do forever and ever.


The for this time, Father of all, keep me, from the core of my self, choosing Christ in the world.

Amen


Joseph Tetlow, SJ

No comments: