Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Remember Love

Having faith in God is believing in a love that will never fail you. To reject God is turn your back on the ultimate Lover. The Lover who never stops giving, never stops caring, never stops pursuing your love. The Evangelist John does not write that God is this and that about love, no John describes God in this way: God is love. Paul writes so beautifully in 1 Corinthian 13 - read these words slowly over and over: "If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.

If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, (God is patient, God is kind)

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. (God rejoices with the truth)

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (God bears all things)

Love never fails." (God never fails)
Jesus gave us the new commandment of love when he said"I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

There is something we all can do, in union with Christ and imitating the Holy Trinity: love somebody, love them despite their faults, despite our wants and needs, despite the color of their skin, despite their social status, despite their intellect, despite all the reasons you have not to. In that love you will become like Christ and you bring Him to another person. There is nothing more perfect and more beautiful than that.

No comments: