Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Examen

My blog entry for February 10th The Examen Prayer talks about what the Examen is about and recommends a book by Father Timothy Gallagher. The following video is religious and lay people discussing the Examen and various aspects of it. A reader also was kind enough to tell me of a website: www.examen.me where one can have an online journal based on the Examen, its pretty cool. Although I must confess that I do not do the Examen on a daily basis, it is a very good exercise for putting your spiritual life in focus and seeing what things you are doing that are moiving you towards God or moving you away from God. Life goes by so fast that we sometimes ignore our spiritual side and continue to make the same mistakes over and over (that describes me)

No comments: