Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Live By Faith

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
Galatians 2: 20
What doe is it mean to live by faith? For myself it means that my thoughts, deeds and actions are to be guided not by what I want, or think is right for me, but by Christ crucified. My spiritual being is attached to my Saviour. He is the footlight that assures me that I am well. It means that I abandon the world. I renounce my attachments to it. This does not mean that I will be free from pain & affliction, that I "will not have to drink from the cup" so to speak. On the contrary like Christ I will have to suffer too, and endure whatever tribulations that are necessary and then and only then will He save me. Psalm 107 says Then they cried to the Lord in their need and he rescued them from their distress. He led them forth from darkness and gloom and broke their chains to pieces. What chains bind us here in the USA in 2009. The chains are all the attachments, wealth, power, fame, greed, and materialism. If I die to those things then I die with Christ. Then truly I will live by faith, for Christ is all I need. It is all that anyone really needs. Allow the Crucified Christ to enter you through repentance, self-sacrifice, prayer and sacramental grace.



No comments: