Saturday, April 18, 2009

Embracing the Possibility

One of the most difficult things that confronts me is dealing with those of whom God plays no part in their life. I am at the point in my life that hearing the message of a Godless life is akin to hearing a language I have never heard before. It is strange and cold, metallic, without any organic nature to it. For me God is everything and His absence would be dreadful. So, as I have written in previous blogs how can we best develop the framework for someone who does not know Jesus or has chosen to ignore Him for the untruths of the secular world? I am not sure if I have the answer. Sometimes it is a tug of war, acknowledging that perhaps for many the work is too difficult and too time consuming. That perhaps the next generation of children is whom we should target. The other argument waged inside me is a true what would Jesus do question. I know that many saints have changed the hearts and minds and souls of people who were at first totally opposed to them. The truth of Christ is a message that has to be lived. There are the teachings, there is the liturgy and the Mass, and the sacraments, and the Church, but as Paul says without love I am a "resounding gong". Can we do more to get to the heart of just one person who may be able to witness Christ in action in the life you lead? Can we walk just a tad closer to embracing the possibility that love does prevail? Pray for the strength to evangelize as true Christians recognized by our love.

No comments: