Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Psalm 9

I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart;
I will recount all your wonders.
I will rejoice and be glad,
And sing hymns to your name, Most High.
See how my enemies turn back;
how they stumble and perish before you.
You upheld the justice of my cause,
You sat enthroned, judging with justice.

You have checked the nations, you destroyed the wicked;
You have wiped out their names forever and ever.
The foe is destroyed, eternally ruined.
you up root their cities their memory has perished.

It is God who governs the world with justice,
who judges the peoples with fairness.
The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed,
A stronghold in times of trouble.

Those who honor your name trust in you;
You never forsake those who seek you, LORD.
Sing hymns to the LORD enthroned on Zion;
Proclaim God's deeds among the nations!

For the Avenger of bloodshed remembers,
He has not forget the cry of the poor.

No comments: