Friday, February 5, 2010

The Modern Age Trinity

Let us Pray to the one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
that our lives may bear witness to our faith.

A top Vatican official said religious orders today are in a "crisis" caused in part by the adoption of a secularist mentality and the abandonment of traditional practices.


"The secularized culture has penetrated into the minds and hearts of some consecrated persons and some communities, where it is seen as an opening to modernity and a way of approaching the contemporary world," he said.

I have been in this new realm of teaching and in my observations I have concluded that for many young people, that is early teens and preteens, that there is a "new trinity" - youtube, myspace(or facebook) and itunes. Theses thing have so captured the hearts of the youth that they are considered necessities of their lives. I am not going to pretend that I was absorbed in prayer and in living my faith 24/7 when I was a teen, but there was more balance between my secular life and my life as a member of the Church. The greatest single fear that I believe that is coming out out this is that reading, name reading books will become obsolete. This is could lead to complete ignorance of the Bible and all that Sacred Scripture entails.

No comments: