Saturday, February 27, 2010

We Shall Be Turned

All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for food to refresh the soul. 'See, O LORD, and behold, how abject I am become. Lamentations 1:11

And my soul is removed far off from peace, I forgot prosperity. And I said: 'My strength is perished, and mine expectation from the LORD Lamentations 3:17-18

Surely the LORD'S mercies are not consumed, surely His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

The LORD is my portion', saith my soul; 'Therefore will I hope in Him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him Lamentations 3:24-25

As for us, our eyes do yet fail for our vain help; in our watching we have watched for a nation that could not save. Turn Thou us unto Thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned; renew our days as of old. Lamentations 4:17, 5:21

No comments: