Thursday, March 12, 2009

The End Times?

There is heightened fears that we are "entering the end times" or so goes my evangelical friends. A number of so called "prophets" say that the signs are there. One can certainly point to things that are happening in this global economy that are just astronomical. I heard last night that world economy lost 22 trillion dollars in the past 6 months. There are things occurring within our country that have never occurred before; banks and automakers bailed out, etc. I'm not a big believer in the end times stuff. The reason, I don't really care. God in His wisdom has a plan for you and me and the rest of the world. I trust in Him. I trust in His wisdom which is far greater than man's wisdom. I trust in His love and mercy. He loves you and me and wants our eternal happiness. Bad things have been occurring throughout the ages. The Roman Empire collapsed, the Plague hit Europe, two World Wars. Our lives are not about what happens in this silly world. Our lives are about following Christ. Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world" This Lent is a good time to work on following Christ. Leave the worries and the predictions to somebody else. Follow Christ's footsteps, they will lead you the Gethsemane, where tears of blood dropped from His beautiful forehead. They will lead you to a scourging and a crown of thorns. They will lead you to a stripping of clothes and a public mocking. They will lead you to a large, heavy wooden cross placed on His shoulders. They will lead you nails driven in His hands and a spear thrust in His side. They will lead you Calvary, where the Creator of the Universe was put to a horrible death by those whom He created. It is not a pretty picture...but they will also lead you to an empty tomb. The end times? I think not.

No comments: