- I waited, waited for the LORD; who bent down and heard my cry, Drew me out of the pit of destruction, out of the mud of the swamp, Set my feet upon rock, steadied my steps,
- And put a new song in my mouth, a hymn to our God. Many shall look on in awe and they shall trust in the LORD.
- Happy those whose trust is the LORD, who turn not to idolatry or to those who stray after falsehood.
- How numerous, O LORD, my God, you have made your wondrous deeds! And in your plans for us there is none to equal you.
- Should I wish to declare or tell them, too many are they to recount, sacrifice and offering you do not want; but ears open to obedience you gave me. Holocausts and sin-offerings you do not require; so I said, "Here I am; your commands for me are written in the scroll.
- To do your will is my delight; my God, your law is in my heart!"
- I announced your deed to a great assembly; I did not restrain my lips; you, LORD, are my witness.
- Your deed I did not hide within my heart; your loyal deliverance I have proclaimed. I made no secret of your enduring kindness to a great assembly.
- LORD, do not withhold your compassion from me; may your enduring kindness ever preserve me.
- For all about me are evils beyond count; my sins so overcome me I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head; my courage fails me.
- LORD, graciously rescue me! Come quickly to help me, LORD!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Posted by Paul Bernacchio at 8:04 AM