Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Live As Christ Would Have Us Live

There are different paths we find our selves walking down each new day. One such path is the world of politics and current events. When I started blogging back last December it was out of a need to speak the Gospel to anyone who would listen. There are a variety of blogs that deal with politics and their effect and relationship to Catholic life. I have commented from time to time on them and have made known the fact that I do not like the present administration for a variety of reasons. The greater picture though is this; I don't believe in governments period. I don't think that governments purpose is to take care of an individual from the time of their birth (if they are allowed to be born) to the time of their death (which in some cases is sooner that they would like). This life we lead is not about being comfortable, owning things, being secure, not having to worry, or sitting back and letting the powers to be, control everything. I have repeatedly stated that Jesus Christ was not working to change the Roman government, He was working to change the hearts of men and women. The miracles He performed were to demonstrate that sins are forgiven, and that we could attain everlasting life through Him, the Bread of Life. We as a nation of people are off the track. We have chosen the life that does not lead to the Father. Not only that but trust me when I say this; the government in the United States will, within the next generation restrict, condemn, and even outlaw parts, or all of Christianity. Christianity will be seen as an intolerant opposition to a sinful life style. Speaking out against homosexuality for instance will be seen as violating the law and promoting intolerance. The secular opposition to the Catholic Church will swell and the media will assist in attempting to marginalize it. THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Also trust me when I say that in the Kingdom of God those things don't matter. Jesus said "my Kingdom is not of this world." Our focus should be on living as Christ would have us live, following His commandments, loving Him and our neighbor, living the Beatitudes, growing spiritually, repenting , living a sacramental life and daily conversion. As St. Paul wrote "More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ"

No comments: