Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Love That Surpasses All Love

Upon returning from the hospital today I heard a song on the oldies station. I had borrowed my wife's car and it was on that station. The song is called "I Never Knew Love Like This Before" it was recorded 1980 by Stephanie Mills. That is exactly how I feel about the love of Christ. It completely overwhelms me and is working ever so slowly changing my heart. I have the wonderful fortune of bringing the Blessed Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist to those who have been hospitalized. I go from trauma units to cancer units and everywhere else in between. I could go on and on about incredible encounters of faith and love. I see Christ every time I enter a room. I have hugged and cried, laughed and prayed and witnessed the love of God in our greatest time of human need, while suffering. I guess what I am trying to say is that the Holy Spirit guided me to a place I needed to go. It never ceases to amaze how God works in our lives, we need to be quiet observers and to be patient. I have noticed that He always answers my prayers, though not as I would necessarily want Him to. As the song goes I never knew love like this before.

No comments: