Thursday, April 1, 2010

The New and Everlasting Covenant

On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread,when they sacrificed the Passover lamb,Jesus' disciples said to him,"Where do you want us to goand prepare for you to eat the Passover?"He sent two of his disciples and said to them,"Go into the city and a man will meet you,carrying a jar of water.Follow him.Wherever he enters, say to the master of the house,'The Teacher says, "Where is my guest roomwhere I may eat the Passover with my disciples?"'Then he will show you a large upper room furnished and ready.Make the preparations for us there."The disciples then went off, entered the city,and found it just as he had told them;and they prepared the Passover.
While they were eating,he took bread, said the blessing,broke it, gave it to them, and said,"Take it; this is my body."Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and gave it to them,and they all drank from it.He said to them,"This is my blood of the covenant,which will be shed for many. Amen, I say to you,I shall not drink again the fruit of the vineuntil the day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."Then, after singing a hymn,they went out to the Mount of Olives.

No comments: