Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Prince of Peace

Of all the names that we call Jesus my favorite is Prince of Peace. I was thinking that this morning when I heard it mentioned in the opening prayer. It is as though you can feel peace emanating from Him throughout the Gospel. His very first miracle at Cana, He takes what is a an anxious scenario, no wine left at the wedding and brings to it a happy ending. "Peace be with you My peace I leave you." This is the beginning of yet another year. It is late in the day and I am a little too tired to talk about resolutions, and spiritual goals but let me just say this. The world has been beset with war, violence and mayhem both last year and for some time now. I resolve to bring the peace that Christ has left us into the world each and every day. I pray for the grace to be up to the task. May God bless you and keep you. Let His face shine upon you. May He be gracious and look kindly upon you. And may he grant you His peace. Have a Holy, Happy, Blessed and Peaceful 2009!

No comments: