Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christ the King and His Bride

So Pilate went back into the praetorium and summoned Jesus and said to him, "Are you the King of the Jews?"Jesus answered, "Do you say this on your own or have others told you about me?"Pilate answered, "I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me. What have you done?"Jesus answered, "My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom did belong to this world, my attendants (would) be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not here."So Pilate said to him, "Then you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say I am a king. For this I was born and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."

God in the economy of salvation sent His only begotten Son, not to establish a "feel good" philosophy. His plan was not to be a guru to all future generations, so they can "cherry pick" those nuggets of truths that make us all feel good, even if we can't live by them. He also did not come here to establish the first blank church of blank blank, or the healing church of blank, or the thousands upon thousands of churches who have found their elusive truth that was missing or eluded the Church. Jesus Christ came to establish His Kingdom, the evidence is all throughout the Old Testament. His Kingdom does not depend upon what political power is in office. His Kingdom does not depend on some philosophical construct or theory that man can come up with. In establishing His Kingdom on earth Christ the King took a bride and that bride is the Church. He promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against her. Christ bride was not established as a democracy or a republic, she does not exist so that she can make you feel good, or remove or ignore truths that "are up with the times." Christ is the King, and he told us that the way we showed our love for Him was by obeying His commandments. If you belong to the truth that He is King you will hear His words.

No comments: