Angels have been with man on this salvation journey from the very beginning. The cherubim in the Garden was there to help man. Had Adam & Eve eaten from the Tree of Life they would have remained in a state of sin forever, it was the mercy of God, through his banishment that allowed the salvation plan to begin!
"In the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth,to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary. And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you."
Gabriel announces Mary's role in the plan of salvation and he proclaims here "full of grace", when an angel says you are full of grace, that means something and we believe that Mary was not born with the stain of original sin!
Now there were shepherds in that region living in the fields and keeping the night watch over their flock.The angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were struck with great fear.The angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For today in the city of David a savior has been born for you who is Messiah and Lord.
Angels announce the birth of Our Saviour!
- "And suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:"Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."
"When he arrived at the place he said to them, "Pray that you may not undergo the test."
After withdrawing about a stone's throw from them and kneeling, he prayed, saying, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done."And to strengthen him an angel from heaven appeared to him. He was in such agony and he prayed so fervently that his sweat became like drops of blood falling on the ground."
Angels can come to us and strengthen us in our time of need!
- "But at daybreak on the first day of the week they took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb; but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were puzzling over this, behold, two men in dazzling garments appeared to them. They were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground. They said to them, "Why do you seek the living one among the dead? He is not here, but he has been raised."
- Angels confirm that fact that Jesus Has Risen!
- "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
- When he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight. While they were looking intently at the sky as he was going, suddenly two men dressed in white garments stood beside them. They said, "Men of Galilee, why are you standing there looking at the sky? This Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will return in the same way as you have seen him going into heaven."
- Angels tell us to get on with the work of proclaiming the Gospel!