Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11

I remember exactly what I was doing on this day 8 years ago. I had just dropped off the kids at school. I was driving home and was listening to a local sports talk radio show, when they announced that a plane had struck one of the Twin Towers in New York. I drove home and turned on the television, when in just a matter of a few minutes, I saw the second plane strike. The rest is history, we watched the horror unfold that ushered in the "war on terror." Along with the shock and dismay there were enormous acts of heroism and suddenly the nation turned to God. (unfortunately that appears no longer to be the case) I did personally know one of the victims who was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 11 that left Logan Airport Boston and crashed into the World Trade Center. He was from my hometown, was a couple years older than my oldest brother, and attended the same high school we did. On the anniversary of this horrific that scarred many, lets pray that the world finds the peace of Christ, starting with one person at a time, namely you and I.

No comments: