Friday, February 20, 2009

Glory & Praise To You O' God


Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God my exceeding joy,and I will praise you with the lyre,O God, my God. -Psalm 43:4

It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High; -Psalm 92:1

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name! Psalm 100:4


I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
to you, O Lord, I will make music. Psalm 101:1

Praise the Lord!
Sing to the Lord a new song,
his praise in the assembly of the godly!
Let Israel be glad in his Maker;
let the children of Zion rejoice in their King!
Let them praise his name with dancing,
making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!
For the Lord takes pleasure in his people;
he adorns the humble with salvation.
Let the godly exult in glory;
let them sing for joy on their beds. Psalm 149:1-5

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!
Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!

Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord! Psalm 150:1-6

At that time Jesus answered and said: I praise thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to the little ones. Matthew 11:25

Father, glorify Your name." Then a voice came out of heaven: "I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again." John 12: 28

And Mary said:
"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior Luke 1:46


2 comments:

Pablo the Mexican said...

Very good blog.

I see you have a picture of Blessed Miguel Pro.
The nun who helped hide his sister, also a nun, is named Mother Pili. She is 97 years old and is ill at this moment. Please say a Hail Mary for her.
I have a piece of his blood stained shirt that was taken by the women who prepared him for burial.

At my web site, www.traditionalcatholicism.org after you enter, under Estorias Catolicas you will find an article entitled Beato Jose Sanchez del Rio. His is a remarkable story. If you do not read in spanish, have a look at the pictures.

God bless you.

pablo

Paul Bernacchio said...

Pablo,
Thanks for telling me about Beato Jose Sanchez del Rio. What great courage he, Miguel Pro and many of the great Christians of Mexico had. I would love to see that shirt one day.
Viva Cristo Rey!