Thursday, February 5, 2009

Michael Dubruiel's Last Column

Years ago I worked with a woman who had a series of tragedies that had befallen her including the suicide of her husband. In a quiet moment over coffee, I recall saying to her that "life is fragile". Things happen for which we have no answer, nothing makes sense. I did not know Michael Dubruiel. It was only a couple of days ago that I was complaining that we should have a day spent explaining the Mass and I found out that Michael has written a book on that very thing. The How To Book of The Mass Please go to Amazon and buy this book, the proceeds will help his family. Michael, passed away unexpectantly on Monday. His wife is Amy Welborn, a longtime Catholic blogger, whom I admire and have great respect for. On her blog today she posts this remarkable column by Michael. His last one and it is amazing! Our prayers go out to Amy and her family and for Michael that he has reached the final outpost - a room reserved for him in Our Father's House.

No comments: