Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How Sacred is the Mass?

I'm not sure if I am the only one out there who is witnessing a deterioration of the sacredness of the Mass. I mentioned in my blog entry It's The Mass Stupid of how I am hearing melodies that are inappropriate for the songs being sung. The Gloria, the Alleluia, The Hosanna, and the Lamb of God are not the blues or honky tonk or some strip joint and jazz club melody. There is this idea floating around that we have to jazz up the Mass, make it hip, made it current man, get with the program and liven it up. My answer to that is this: if the Real Presence of Jesus Christ, Body, Blood, Soul & Divinity doesn't do it for you then I suggest you check out the 100,000+ Protestant denominations that can offer you everything that you need. If the music doesn't work drive around a block or two and you'll find something for you. So I am going to ask you to watch this video. It is not my intent to to denigrate people who desire praise & worship. I have attended many services and frankly it is exhilarating and spiritually moving! But it is not the Mass.

So watch the following video and ask yourself if you think that the Mass is still something sacred or have we tinkered with it making it something it was never intended to be.

No comments: