Thursday, February 5, 2009

Premio Dardos Awards

A few weeks back Emily Byers, who is a wonderful young lady doing missionary work in Honduras passed on a blog award to me for this site. There is no way on earth that I deserve anything like this. However, my ego can be appealed to and so I accepted it. Part of my accepting this sort of chain-letter award was to in turn pass it on to 15 blogs, in essence naming 15 Premio Dardos Awards. The first two that came to mind Astonished Yet At Home and Opinionated Catholic are already winners. I never miss a day checking in on Toby and James. So this left me with an enourmous challenge. I have a mere 5 blogs that are deserving of this award. Now I did not see any time limit in the rules so if I award 5 more next month and another 5 more in April then I've met my obligation as far as I can't tell. My daughter is @ law school, I may have to pass the rules by her for legal review. Without further adieu here are the latest Premio Dardos Winners:

This award acknowledges the effort of a particular blogger to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values in his or her writing. The “rules” of the award are: 1) Accept the award and post it on your blog, together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link. 2) Pass on the award to 15 other bloggers that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


Catholic Dads
His by-line says it all. "Because we need all the help we can get" Being a father is a great joy and being a Catholic dad even greater joy. This site deals with all the issues and news that affects us all, demonstrating the strengths and fabric of families.

Phat Catholic Apologetics
A catechist and apologist who knows his Catholic teachings. I think his website is most excellent and well conceived, with a mountain of reference material.

A New Spring Time
A Catholic mother who is home schooling 7 children deserves an award period! She is a wonderful writer who shares her family life from her beautiful Catholic perspective. I get sentimental reading her blog because in one way I miss those days of little children. (ok I did say in one way)

The Deacons Bench
Wonderful site. This Deacon from New York is a prolific poster who keeps up with just about anything relative to living the Catholic life from lay issues to the religious

The Great Deception

Love this site too! Jenny writes as genuine Catholic woman. She understands the Theology of the Body and what woman are doing today. Any woman who states that her interests are saving the world is ok by my book.

Congratualtions on winning the Premio Dardos Award.

2 comments:

phatcatholic said...

Thank you very much! This is a most-unexpected honor!!

Jenny said...

Wow, thanks for the shout out! Quite honored, Paul.